Award Winning Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

In Praise of Domestic Engineering

     My dear wife, Katie, broke two ankle bones while walking two dogs only a few hours after arriving at her elderly parents’ home in Medina, Ohio.  Katie reluctantly has ceded home management duties to me.


     While I did not need any reminder to feel and express gratitude, I do have a better sense of the physical, time consuming and expansive work in domestic engineering.  As well, I recognize what a luxury I have had in pursing intellectual curiosity and reading everything in the telecommunications/Internet sphere. 




     For some indeterminate time, I won’t have the chance to read every blog entry, law review article, white paper, sponsored research, FCC decision, web page, etc. out there.  Might this be a blessing, or just an apt reminder?

No comments: